GRYPHON™ I GD4200
Premium hand held scanner for general purpose applications
ENHANCED LINEAR IMAGING TECHNOLOGY
The Gryphon™ 4200 series represents the premium range of hand held scanners from Datalogic for general purpose applications. Designed with people in mind, the Gryphon I GD4200 linear imager stands out with an elegant and trendy design, unchallenged ergonomics and outstanding reading performance. The Gryphon I GD4200 readers’ ability to capture bar codes from near to far, to read both high-density and lowresolution codes, to decode hard-to-read, poor or damaged codes and to easily read bar codes from mobile devices make these readers the perfect choice for today’s and tomorrow’s applications.
TOP PRODUCTIVITY FOR POS AND DOCUMENT HANDLING
Perfect for hand held reading, the Gryphon GD4200 linear imager utilizes Datalogic’s Motionix™ motion-sensing technology which detects the natural actions of the operator to automatically switch the scanner into the ‘ready-to-read’ scanning mode. Datalogic distinctive ‘soft line viewfinder’ helps operator to easily target the code to be read, making easier and faster to point, shoot and decod exactly the proper label, reducing accidental reads in a multiple bar code environment.
EASY TO USE FOR MAX EFFICIENCY
The Gryphon I GD4200 linear imager provides snappy reading performance on all common 1D codes and thanks to the Datalogic’s exclusive patented ‘Green Spot’ for good-read feedback directly on the code is ideal under dim lighting conditions or noisy environments. Furthermore, Datalogic’s 3GL™ (Three Green Lights) and loud beeper for good-read feedback together with the fast reading and decoding capabilities make the Gryphon I GD4200 readers the best choice to improve efficiency in retail and office environments, pharmacies, light industrial, warehouses and manufacturing plants.
READY TO BE REGULARLY CLEANED AND DISINFECTED
Most of the working environments now have requirements that scanners need to be regularly cleaned and disinfected. The Gryphon 4200 series exploits Disinfectant-Ready enclosures, designed to withstand regular daily cleaning with harsh disinfectant solutions commonly used in a healthcare environment.
- Enhanced linear imaging technology for superior scanning and Depth of Field
- Reads 1D high-density and low-resolution codes, hard-to-read, poor or damaged codes and bar codes from mobile devices
- Datalogic’s distinctive ‘soft line viewfinder’ to easily target the code to be read
- Datalogic’s patented ‘Green Spot’ technology and exclusive 3GL™ (3 Green Lights) for superior good-read feedback
- Motionix motion-sensing technology for seamless reading mode transitions
- Multi-interface options: USB type C / USB only or multi-interface USB type C / USB / RS-232 / Keyboard Wedge Multi- Interface
- Water and Particulate Sealing Rating: IP52
- Drop resistance to 1.8 m / 5.9 ft
- Disinfectant-Ready enclosures withstand daily cleaning with harsh disinfectant solutions
- EASEOFCARE Service Plans offer a wide range of service options to protect your investment, ensuring maximum productivity and ROI
INDUSTRY - APPLICATION
- Retail: Point of Sale
- Commercial Services: Postal, Banks, Public, Administration, Utilities
- Light Manufacturing: Work-in-Progress, Order Processing
- Healthcare: Laboratories, Pharmacies
- Access Control: Ticketing and Entertainment
1D / Linear Codes
Auto discriminates all standard 1D codes including GS1 DataBar™ linear codes.
Operating (Typical): <350 mA @ 5V; <150 mA @ 12V
Standby/Idle (Typical): <60 mA @ 5V; <30 mA @ 12V
GD4220: 5 VDC +/- 5%
GD4290: 4.5 - 14.0 VDC
0 - 130,000 lux
Withstands repeated drops from 1.8 m / 6.0 ft onto a concrete surface.
0 - 95%
Particulate and Water Sealing
Operating: 0 to 50 °C / 32 to 122 °F
Storage/Transport: -40 to 70 °C / -40 to 158 °F
GD4220: USB type C / USB only
GD4290: USB type C / USB / RS-232 / Keyboard Wedge / Multi- Interface
Scanner: 16.6 x 6.8 x 10.9 cm / 6.5 x 2.7 x 4.3 in
In Stand: 21 x 7.5 x 10.9 cm / 8.2 x 2.9 x 4.2 in
163.0 g / 5.75 oz (scanner only)
Illumination: Dual LED Array 612 - 630 nm
Read Rate (Maximum)
1,000,000 pixel/sec (400 reads/sec)
Print Contrast Ratio(Minimum)
Pitch: +/- 65°; Roll (Tilt): +/- 45°; Skew (Yaw): +/- 65°
Beeper (adjustable tone); Datalogic Three Green Lights (3GL) Good Read Feedback: Datalogic ‘Green Spot’ on the Code, Dual Good Read LEDs
0.077 mm / 3 mils
Typical Depth of Field
Minimum distance determined by symbol length and scan angle. Printing resolution, contrast, and ambient light dependent.
Code 39: 5 mils: 5 to 37 cm / 2.0 to 14.6 in
Code 39: 7.5 mils: 5 to 54 cm / 2.0 to 21.3 in
Code 39: 10 mils: 5 to 73.5 cm / 2.0 to 28.9 in
Code 39: 20 mils: 2.5 to 147 cm / 1 to 57.9 in
EAN/UPC: 13 mils: 3.5 to 90 cm / 1.4 to 35.4 in